The mission of Holistic Ambassadors is to equip individuals to love and serve others well by integrating psychology with Bible-based concepts. It is a mission driven by three goals:
1) Making psycho-education more available to the general public
I have had the privilege of attending a Christian doctoral psychology program. Those four years of academic work taught me a lot about human behavior. I was therefore given the opportunity to engage in meaningful conversations about relationships, psycho-pathology, and healthy development. Even more importantly, I was able to reflect on the role of sin in my own life. Consequently, I learned tools for overcoming these challenges and began creating a life of love and freedom.
My mission is to share that knowledge with anyone who wants to learn. Everyone has a right to the information of how to build a better life for themselves, including those who cannot afford an expensive education or private psychotherapy.
2) Equipping individuals to serve whole-heartedly without burnout
Throughout my training, I was repeatedly informed about the importance of self-care; However I found myself frustrated with the lack of good modeling. Self-care was something therapists-in-training were left to figure out alone. I quickly realized that therapists were not the only ones struggling with the dangers of burnout. Many individuals who have been in the role of serving others have struggled with isolation, compassion fatigue, and hopelessness in the face of great suffering. These individuals serve in a variety of roles from pastors, teachers, counselors, social workers, family caregivers, and medical providers to name a few.
We cannot serve others well when we are struggling in the midst of our own isolation and heartache. Self-care must be done in community. We too must learn to acknowledge our own limitations and seek support when we are struggling.
3) Demonstrating our desperate need for God and testifying to His transforming power
God alone is self-sustaining and is able to attend to all our needs. The foundational truth of Holistic Ambassadors is that we are enabled to love and serve others well when we go to the source of all life. God is the answer to all of this world’s heartache. He can heal what is beyond our ability. The journey may be hard, but we are not alone. No situation, no matter how tragic or frustrating, is too big for God.
Core Values that Inform our Mission
- A term that references a need to surrender every part of our self (soul, mind, and body) to God
- Provide a voice for the voiceless and empower the underserved
- Hold those with power accountable to the call to love and serve
- Represent God’s kingdom and declare His truth
We are Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God2 Cor. 5:20
Strength and Endurance
- An acknowledgment that our ability to endure and thrive comes from God
- A willingness to take up our cross daily as demonstrated by Jesus Christ
I have told you these things, so that in me you have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the worldJohn 16:33
- Honoring God’s command to remember the Sabbath
- An acknowledgment of our limitations and need for rest
- Being gracious to those under our care